06 September 2011

Summer Goal Evaluation

It is a sad day when summer ends. Summer, for me, always means fun, and as I venture out into the new school year (and graduate career), I must look back and reflect upon my summer.

I had set a series of summer goals to complete. Let's see how I did.

*

1) Complete and begin editing a rough draft of "When Grandad Came Back" -- I meant for this to be a short story, but I should have known better. It's over 40 pages and has no end in sight. I could have finsihed a draft if I hadn't been so lazy, but, eh. It was summer.

2) Read Dracula by Bram Stoker -- X -- (see Things You Should Know About Dracula)

3) Read Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell -- X -- This book is amazing. If you don't know who David Mitchell is, you should hang your head in shame. All I really need to say is "literary multiple-orgasm".

4) Beat The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess -- X

5) Beat Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door -- This is one long, freaking game. I'm 3/7ths done.

6) Beat Legend of Legaia -- I'm really not ashamed that I didn't accomplish my video gaming summer goals. I'm actually kind of proud of that.

7) Make a painting -- X -- (see My "Painting")

8) Make a wall hanging of a woman's torso -- X -- (see Frida)
9) Bike 3 times a week with increasing milages (weather permitting) in addition to going to the gym 3 times a week -- X -- I could have biked a little bit more, but I think I did really good.

10) Go to ValleyFair -- X -- (see The Sunscreen/Eyeball Incident)

11) Finish making my Seether shirt -- X -- Sadly, I didn't like how it turned out, and I'm not going to post a picture of my failure. Let's just forget this ever happened.

12) Make one meal I've never cooked before each week -- X -- I actually missed cooking one week, but I cooked two new meals at the begining of the summer, so I think it evens itself out and I can consider this goal accomplished (see Sushi = Difficult).

13) Watch two movies a week -- FAIL? -- I am actually not sure about this goal. I was at least really close. The movies I watched included, but may not be limited to, The Ring, The Devil's Playground, Unstoppable, True Grit, Mission Impossible III, War of the Worlds, X-men : First Class, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Momento.

14) Go out and do more photography -- X -- (see The People of Central Park, Lost in a Cemetary, Summer Smut, Demolition Derbies are Awesome, and The Unintentionally Scary Museum)

15) Hunt for a new job -- X -- This goal was actually abandoned (see About This Whole Job Thing)

*

I think 10 out of 14 is pretty good, especially when the unaccomplished goals involve playing video games and watching movies. Not included in this list of goals was spending a whole week with my BFF, my new TV addiction AKA Big Brother, moving to Boston, making new friends and developing a social life, and going to New York City for a weekend (among other things). It has been a great summer and I did a lot of fun things. So, for now, I bid thee farewell, summer. You will be in my thoughts, heart, and dreams until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment