30 September 2011

Who is The Chicken Man?

I am such a good graduate student. I stay in and do homework late into Friday evenings (this is not the norm. I just have a super busy weekend ahead of me), and what happens when I look out my window for just a split-second?

Why, I spot the strangest vehicle I've ever seen driving down the road, of course!

It looked like a huge glass box on wheels and inside of this transparent cube was something. I couldn't really tell what it was because I was shocked and the box was far away and getting further away by the second, but I thought I saw someone inside. What I did see for certain was a big digital banner running along the outside of this moving glass house that read 617chicken.

617chicken?

I immediately recognized 617 as a Massachusetts area code and then realized that the word 'chicken' is consisted of seven letters. It wasn't 617chicken. It was (617) CHI-CKEN or (617) 244-2536! It was a phone number!

I thought that maybe this was a type of food truck that sells delicious chicken dishes and, having cash for once, I immediately called in the hopes of purchasing some sort of food from this mobile spectacle. Disappointment struck when I got an answering machine telling me that I had reached "the chicken man" and to "leave a message" so he could "get back".

I hung up.

Then I googled.

What I found was not informative whatsoever. There is a website (617chicken.com), but the links it provided did not explain a single thing. I checked the guy's Twitter account and found no enlightening information. The Facebook account was also a bust.

Who is the chicken man? Why is he driving around in a glass box? Are his websites and fan pages and twitter accounts in desperate need of updating or are they purposefully cryptic? Stay tuned!

Same chicken time! Same chicken channel!

I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment