22 July 2011

Screamo

Today, I am going to write about another co-worker of mine. I could have included him along with all of my other . . . interesting . . . yeah, let's go with interesting co-workers in Co-Worker Freak Show, but I figured he was a big enough character to have his own blog entry. I should apologize in advance, but I am going to vicariously introduce you to a person whose code name shall be Screamo.

I call him Screamo, because, despite being only five feet tall, he is the loudest person I have ever met and he usually makes me want to scream.  It's a good thing he wasn't in hiding with Anne Frank because there is no way he would have been able to stay quiet all day, every day for so long. He always talks as loud as he possible can, usually stretching the names of people and other words out into long grunting/groaning noises. So, instead of saying, "George, how are you doing today?" he says "GEEEEOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRGE, HOW  YOOOOOOU DOOOOOOOOOOOIN'?" (George is a random name. No one I know, neither myself, is named George.) And a lot of the time, he doesn't even use discernable words. He just looks at someone and smiles and makes his trademark three-second groan. I have a serious suspicion that he is at least partially insane.

Luckily, this annoying man is on a different sanitation team than me, but I have had a multitude of run-ins with him, three of which I will share with you.

Run-In #1 : One day, my team was called to help Screamo's team clean one of their machines. As I rarely clean that particular machine, I wasn't too familiar with what to do. At one point, Screamo approached me and started grunting and pointing at something. I looked at him blankly. He saw that I didn't understand. And then he pointed and groaned again. I shifted my blank stare into a glare and responded, "I don't understand grunts." He then used his loud, loud words to explain how I could more efficiently clean the machine, leaving me confused why groaning was his first choice for methods of communication.

Run-In #2 : Once again, my team was called to help Screamo's team on one of their machines (because they're lazy and slow). When I got to their machine, they were in the middle of cleaning it, and as I didn't know what needed to still be cleaned, I had to ask someone. Well, guess who the first person I ran into was. Yes. Screamo. He had a brush in his hands and was scrubbing something, and when I asked him what to do, he handed me his brush and said he was going home for the day. I shoved the brush back into his hands and told him that I was willing help him clean his machine but that I wasn't going to do his job for him. He looked me up and down as if he was disgusted and I walked off to find something else to do. A few minutes later, I saw Screamo leaving the production floor and leaving my team to do the work he refused to do.

Run-In #3 : One day, some sanitation employees were planning to take a long lunch and go to a restaurant. I was invited and went along. At the restaurant, the employees trickled in, filling up a couple of tables. Screamo was the last to arrive and found that the tables we were sitting at were full. He sat down at a different table by himself and tried to call some people over to with him. No one moved. He tried to coax some of us over again, this time calling us by name. He called to me, but I ignored him. He ended up eating by himself and I felt kind of bad, but the last thing I wanted to do was eat lunch with him. I avoid him the best I can, so there was no way I was going to willingly subject myself to him more than what is unavoidable. I might have stabbed him after the fifteenth groan. No. I take that back. I most definitely would have stabbed him after the fifteenth groan. So, maybe I shouldn't feel bad about ignoring him. I was just saving his life. From me.

Daily Ice-Cream Intake :
1/4 Gallon - Rocky Road Ice-Cream, 2 Ice-Cream Candy Bars, 1 Orange/Vanilla Treat, 1 Vanilla Waffle Cone

No comments:

Post a Comment