26 July 2011

Let the Summer Goals Begin

Now that I have officially escaped from the hell that was the ice-cream factory (see The Not So Great Escape), I am free to do as I please . . . all day . . . every day. This is officially day three of my summer 2011 freedom, and I have been enjoying every second of it. I find myself smiling for no reason. I have more energy. I am less stressed. But, hold on, I am not just lazing about. No. I have lots I plan to accomplish before beginning graduate school this fall. And that's what this blog is going to be about until I move to Boston and find another job--the crap I do in my free time.

For your convenience, I have listed my summer goals on the right hand side of the screen for you to monitor how well I am doing. I will place an X next to each goal that I complete and fill you in on anything I think will be of any interest. For example, for my goal to read Dracula by Bram Stoker, I will blog any humorous thoughts I have about the novel; or, for my photography goal, I will post pictures I take over the summer.

After eight weeks at a horrible job, I am ready to have some fun. Are you?

1 comment:

  1. I read Dracula at the beginning of this summer! I did enjoy it, but it started to drag (for me, at least) in the last third. Too much talk of purity and not enough vampire slaying.

    And yes, take pictures! I didn't photograph anything for nearly two months! I finally finally finally saw something...that's all I needed. :)

    ReplyDelete