24 July 2011

The Official 2011 Summer Ice-Cream Tally

While working at the ice-cream factory, I was allowed to eat as much free ice-cream and ice-cream treats as I pleased while on the clock. It was the only thing I really enjoyed about the job, and the only reason I even applied for it. Over the past eight weeks, I have been keeping a tally of all that I ate and have been updating you in my blog entries. Well, now that my employment is official over at the ice-cream factory, I will kindly tally everything up. For purposes here, I will divide them into categories of Ice-Cream Treats, Ice-Cream Cones, and Gallons of Ice-Cream. If you would like to see a detailed list of what these categories include, see The Summer of Free Ice-Cream (A Running Tally).

Drum roll, please . . . Over a period of eight weeks, I ate a grand total of . . .

10.625 Gallons of ice-cream
27 Ice-cream cones
189 Ice-Cream treats

 * Not to mention the Goliath Sundae I ate in one sitting (12 hearty scoops of ice-cream along with three toppings, whipped cream, and one cherry--I know, one cherry doesn't seem to cut it, huh?)

If I had been more motivated, I would have kept track of all the calories I had eaten as well. Sadly, I didn't, but I can assure you it was a lot. Some of the treats I ate had 360 calories in each of them and contained two-thirds of my daily saturated fat.

Speaking of fat, I did keep a close watch on my weight. I weighed myself before, several times during, and then after this two month ice-cream binge, during which time I fluctuated no more than one pound. There was even a week that I was lighter than when I started! I began at 178 pounds and finished at 178.5 pounds. I know you're jealous. It should also be mentioned that I have not suffered from such side effects as stroke or heart attack, heightened general fatigue, feelings of depression, blindness, or bloody stool. I'm as fit and slim as ever thanks to my crazy metabolism. Thank you, Crazy Metabolism! (thumbs up)

I will tell you, though, that I already miss the free ice-cream. Before I quit, I tried to convince one of my co-workers to throw entire cases of ice-cream out of the break room window to me. She laughed. I don't think she realized I was being serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment