30 March 2011

"Missing One Ass"

A few months ago, I came across several items during my loan walking and ordinary retail duties which were labeled as having "ass" (see All Board The Ass Train). It was such a fine time in my pawn shop career, never knowing when I would look at the label of an item and discover that it came with "ass" and that the "ass" had been put in drawer #3 with all the other "ass" for safe keeping until said item and it's "ass" were sold.

The other day, I was efficiently plowing through my daily task of loan walking (see Loan Walking) when I came upon a vacuum. The brand is not important, nor is the color--which was blue, if you must know--but what I would have you know is that the ever so amusing abbreviation of "ass" had reemerged.

There was a note on the loan sticker of this specific vacuum which declared that it was "missing one ass".

I laughed and wondered what a vacuum would look like if it had not one, not two, but multiple "ass". It would seem counter-productive as such things normally don't have any suction, but, on the contrary, expel things you don't want to have around. Maybe it's a good thing that it's missing one of its "ass".

No comments:

Post a Comment