01 April 2011

Trash Betrayed By Trash

Today at work, I was minding my own business, stocking a microwave on the display floor when I heard a flare of shouting from over by the pawn counter.

Of course, I turned to see what was going on and found a very upset man. Apparently, this man's girlfriend had pawned his PS3 while he was in prison, and now he was out and wanted it back. The only problem was that he wasn't able to get his PS3 back because it was under his girlfriend's account and they had since broken up.

I'd seen things like this happen before. This wasn't the first time that I'd seen someone be upset because they're trashy and were betrayed by their trashy ex-lover. But it was the first time that I had ever seen a customer assault a co-worker of mine.

My manager kept trying to explain what he needed to do to get his PS3 back, but the man didn't want to listen. He didn't want to go through the correct legal paths because he wanted it right then. He said that if we didn't give him back his PS3 immediately that he would trash our store. And he then began to do so! Within reach of the pawn counter is a rack of tools, and with a single tug, the man pulled over said rack onto it's front, sending things flying everywhere!

At this point, one of my co-workers tried to detain the man. It doesn't surprise me. He's a really cocky guy and has said things which made me believe he looked forward to the day he could fight someone while getting paid for it. So, yeah, this foolish co-worker of mine tried to put the customer into a headlock. It would have been great if it had worked, but it didn't. He was pushed backwards and then the man was on top of him, just pounding his face. It was insane!

I couldn't really process what I was seeing. All I could do was keep thinking "This has to be a joke. This has to be a joke!" And, of course, it is! April Fools! No such thing happened! I didn't even go in to work today. Gotcha', sucker!

1 comment:

  1. Not funny. I was so excited about the idea of a pawn shop fight! You just crushed my dreams.

    ReplyDelete