11 April 2011

Power-what?!

Today, during my loan walking duties (see Loan Walking) I came across a shocking loan. The paper I use for loan walking is a list of the previous day's loans, and all of the information is splayed out neatly for me to double check for accuracy in description and placement in the warehouse.

The specific loan to which I am referring stated that the item was a digital camera, but more specifically it declared the model--a Canon Powershit SX130 IS.

I laughed outloud and jokingly considred the possibility that the pawn broker who entered the loan into the system wasn't too keen on Canon digital cameras. I'm certain this was an honest mistake and not an intended pun--since the "I" is right next to the "O"--but I like to think that it was a sly trick. I haven't talked to the pawn broken about the description in question, but I did leave a note for him that he needed to go into the computer system to change that vowel as it makes such a difference.

Why change it, you may ask? Well, when a customer returns to either pay the accrued interest or to redeem their item(s), they will receive either a receipt or new loan contract which plainly displays the enter description of the items in their loan. Thus, they will see that we have labeled their expensive camera as a "Powershit" and possibly be offended. When I brought this up to a manager--telling him because I knew he would find it hilarious--he reminded me that the customer already had a contract with the inaccurate spelling on it! I really, really, really hope they actually paid attention to the contract we gave them and they discovered the mistake!

SIDE NOTE #1 : I love finding naughty words in unexpected places. I am so happy this has happened again in a new and exciting way (see All Aboard The Ass Train and "Missing One Ass").

SIDE NOTE #2 : Another funny image is what an actual "Powershit" would look like. I imagine someone squatted over a toilet and their feces shooting out as if they had been fired out of a nail gun. If you have other images, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment