27 April 2011

Quote Vote

I will admit that even though I work in a pawn shop, that I spend the majority of my time away from the pawn counter. I mostly fulfill other duties. But when the pawn counter is busy (which is very, very often), I mosey on over to help by A) offering miniature bottles of water to those who are waiting, and/or B) asking if anyone was wanting to either pay the current interest on their pawn loan or redeem their pawn loan, and/or C) helping the pawn brokers by either completing simple pawn transactions or helping them test items (we test everything before buying or taking it in for a loan).

It was during one of these busy periods, after I had mosied on over, and I was helping test a PlayStation 3 when today's most stellar experience occurred. I was minding my own business, making sure the game system was in proper working order, but I couldn't help but overhear two women having a conversation.

They were both very loud, but the one who did most of the talking was especially loud. She said some priceless things, and I am not sure which one is my favorite. Thus, I am opening this up for your consideration.

QUOTE 1 :

"Your blackness coming off. That's your blackness coming off! Look at you! You're getting it all over the place!"

QUOTE 2 :

"We was all hanging out and (insert name here) dropped four or five strips of acid. She was freaking out real bad, too. Then she tried to get us to take some, and we were like 'No! We're only fourteen!'."

So, as I don't have any official poll for you to take (I'm not that high tech, I'm sorry), just leave your vote below in the comment section. You can also feel free to explain why you like it more than the other. Or, instead of telling us why you like your quote more, you can share some embarrassing medical fact about yourself. You know. Whatever.

2 comments:

  1. We get to choose which one is your favorite? What does the winning quote get? Are you getting it engraved on a plague to hang above your fireplace?

    #2 has its merits, but I like #1 . . . I like imagining it in different contexts.

    ReplyDelete