09 April 2011

"Is That With A Capital 'P'?"

One of the more popular items to bring into the pawn shop for a pawn loan are laptops. I would say that at any given time that we have between 40 to 70 laptops (if not more) sitting on the shelves of our warehouse, just waiting for their owners to pay their ransoms and take them home.

Bringing in a laptop is a somewhat lengthy process. I won't bore you with the multitude of fine procedural details, but trust me when I say that when a laptop is set on the counter that it causes many a pawn brokers' hearts to sink due to the complicated steps which must then be taken.

One of the steps of entering a laptop loan into the computer requires getting the password for the system (if it has one). The other day, My Twin (see My Twin) was in the middle of completing a pawn loan when it came to the point when he needed to get the password from the customer. He politely asked the customer for his password and received the reply "I love pussy, too!"

A little taken back, My Twin struggled to not laugh in the man's face. Instead, he focused on entering the password into the computer. He tried "ilovepussy2" and "ilovepussytoo" and "iluvpussy2" but these variations of what the man told him weren't granting him access. He then asked the customer "Are there any capital letters? Is that with a capital 'P' or something?"

The customer looked at him in confusion and My Twin repeated himself. The customer then asked what he was talking about. My Twin began to explain that the password wasn't working but was interrupted by the customer--"Password? Oh! It's 'jj'."

It really makes you wonder what the customer thought My Twin asked when he responded "I love pussy, too." Sadly, there was no way he could have asked him without breaching some serious employee/customer  boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment