17 March 2011

Pawn Shop Blitz - Day 4

I am somewhat ashamed of myself. I only worked 9.99 hours today. It wasn't even in the double digits. But I think I make up for it a little bit when my total work hours for the past four days equal 43.60. Wow. Only two more days until I have a chance to relax a little bit.

Today, I will share something I find very entertaining -- sweeping the parking lot.

This needs to be done at least once every day, and it has been a much more enjoyable task since the weather has been so nice these past few days. I just wanted to share some of the things I have found in the parking lot. Some aren't so shocking, but some of them sure are.

- Endless supply of cigarette butts
- A dirty diaper
- Unidentifiable, chunky brown substance
- A condom wrapper (no condom, thank goodness. Those are found in different places. See Beware: Used(?) Condom Inside)
- A half full ice-cream,coffee beverage (a herpe-ccino or syphil-lotte, perhaps. Mmm. Delicious burning)
- A large strip of plastic, the kind you find hanging in the entrances to huge meat freezers
- A TV or other appliance that was left behind by a customer after we refused to buy due to some malfunction which would have made it unethical for us to sell to someone.
- Crumbled pieces of sliced bread

You never know what you're going to find out there. It's fun.

PS - Today was Saint Patrick's Day. I joked with a co-worker that he wasn't wearing green and that I hoped some annoying customer would pinch the Hell out of him. He responded that I wasn't wearing any green either. I then told him I was wearing a green condom. I offered to show him, but he refused and promptly left my presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment