15 March 2011

Pawn Shop Blitz - Day 2

This week is the Spring Break for the university and community college where I live. This means that about half of the dozen employees will be gone this entire week. They will be enjoying themselves in the company of relatives in home towns or with friends at far off locations such as Florida while I and my remaining fellow employees suffer under the weight of their absence. I will be working 6 consecutive days, all of which will involving working 10 to 12 hours. Yesterday, Day 1, I worked 10 hours. Today, I worked just over 12. Only God knows what tomorrow will bring. But my goal for the week is to blog something each day from this Pawn Shop Blitz.

Looking back on today, there is one thing that stands out from the rest, but only because it is revolting. Beware. This post is not for the queasy of stomach.

My Twin (see My Twin) approached me and asked me if I knew one of our regular customers. She is a horribly annoying and uncleanly person. Anyway, this morning, she was at the pawn counter eating an Egg McMuffin and he was lucky enough to wait on her. The poor man.

For starters, it is not okay to bring in food and eat it while in a different store. It is also not okay to eat like a complete pig. This woman was putting something into a pawn loan, and while My Twin entered the necessary information into the computer, she unabashedly chomped away on her breakfast, slurping and mushing and glarping her food as she mashed it to bits between her decaying teeth and as bits of the demolished sandwich fell out of her mouth onto the counter.

Then, just as he was about to finish the transaction, this woman turned to her son and said "Come here! Let me get that for you!" at which point, she reached out for her son's face.

Yes. It was as horrifying as you probably imagine.

This woman reached over and popped her son's zit in public--while eating an Egg McMuffin! My Twin looked away, but even though his eyes were spared the horrendous sight, he heard the POP as this woman pinched her son's face and released the grease bulging underneath his bubbled zit skin in a stream of squirting puss.

On the plus side, I didn't have to witness this in person and my boss ordered everyone pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment