22 March 2011

"This, too, shall pass."

Well, I survived last week (see Accepted! / Janky Microwaves, Pawn Shop Blitz - Day 2, Pawn Shop Blitz - Day 3, Pawn Shop Blitz - Day 4 , Pawn Shop Blitz - Day 5, Pawn Shop Blitz - Day 6), but I don't think I'm totally recuperated just yet. And, silly me, I told the manager over scheduling to schedule me for fifty to fifty-five hours a week. I didn't want to tell him that because I know he'll be more than happy to oblige, but I need the money to move to Boston (I had a really good housing prospect come my way today. So, cross your fingers for me if you're a wuss or work some ancient apartment voodoo if you're hardcore and awesome like me). 

Moving on.

The other day, My Twin, approached me with a concerned look on his face. When I asked him what was wrong, he responded that he had just swallowed a paper clip.

Apparently, he had put a paper clip into his breast pocket--the same location where he had put his pennicilin (which he was taking after having his wisdom teeth pulled). When it was time to take his medication, he, without thinking, pulled out all the contents of said pocket, tossed it all into his mouth, and gulped it all down with a chug of water. It wasn't until after he had swallowed that he realized what he had just done.

Later, he called his fiance to tell her the story. Her response was that "This, too, shall pass." I responded that it probably would if it didn't get snagged on something before completing it's journey. It is, after all, hook shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment