12 November 2011

(#9) The "Extra, Extra" I Should've

I had to run some errands last night. I needed to 1) Go to CVS and get some cold medicine, and 2) Go to the bookstore to retrieve my forgotten umbrella. I first went to CVS. As I left, a man selling newspapers just outside of the door tried to get to me buy one. I told him "I'm sorry" and kept walking.

After getting my umbrella from the bookstore, I had to walk past the CVS. The man was still trying to sell his papers and was still having difficulties doing so. I watched a woman totally blow him off. Frustrated, he began to mutter "Why won't people buy a freaking paper?"

I kept walking, but I should've . . . stopped to show him how to successfully sell a newspaper, holding the paper high over my head and screaming "Extra, extra!" while making up outrageous headlines such as "Obama Reveals His Third Nipple!" or "Al-Qaeda Unleases Spaghetti Monster Upon the World!" or "Hoverboards are No Longer a Thing of the Future! Order Your Hoverboard Today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment