28 November 2011

(#13) The "Sour Smasher" I Should've

In an attempt to avoid walking all the way to the grocery store (about 8 minutes each way), I simply crossed the street to the 7-Eleven in hopes of finding some sour cream for the delicious Spicy Chicken Soup I was planning to make for dinner. Haza! They did have sour cream! And even though I had to pay $2.99 for it, I was happy to have avoided the longer walk.

Only, when I got home, I noticed something on my hand. It was white and sticky. Now, you stop it, pervert. It was only sour cream. When I had made my convenience store purchase, I hadn't noticed that the sour cream container had been broken open just under the lid. Wanting to avoid food poisoning, I took the sour cream back to the 7-Eleven, fully expecting a smooth swap.

Boy, was I a fool! The clerk accused me of dropping the container, thus breaking it myself, and lying about it! He insisted that there was no way the break could have been missed when they rang up the sour cream and refused to switch it for me. I tried to tell him that I wouldn't waste my time and lie about it if it had been my fault, but that I wanted it to be switched since some employee had dropped it and then put it back on the shelf. I tried to reason with the man, but he would not even look at me.

I should've . . . squeezed the sour cream out of the broken container onto the counter and said something like "There. Now I broke the container."

Instead, I left.

I may want to buy a Slurpee from there at some point.

1 comment:

  1. I am throughly enjoying these "I should've..."

    ReplyDelete