13 November 2011

(#10) The "Snip" I Should've

Every Tuesday and Wednesday night after class, I walk through a specific T station to hop onto a train and head home. In this T-station is a very thin man whose face is void of all emotion. He sits on a bench with a one-stringed instrument that seems to have been made out of fishing wire and a miniature croquet mallet. And with a little violin-like bow, he pulls the strangest melodies out of this odd musical  device, setting a tissue box out in front of him as a donation receptical.

The gentler side of me wants to drop some change into this tiny, expressionless man's little tissue box. But what I really want to do is carry a pair of scissors in my pocket and then snip the string on his instrument as I'm walking past.

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! I see guys similar to that in the subway here but I've never thought of snipping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be you someday!

    ReplyDelete