18 January 2012

(#24) The "Roundhouse Kick" I Should've

I find people who complain excessively to be very, very annoying. Lucky me, I am stuck with such a person for the next few of months.

I went to my first class of the new semester this evening to find myself in it with a girl who complains about everything. She doesn't like the classes she's taking (including the one we are currently in together), the literature course she took in the fall made her never want to take a literature course ever again, and she's tired of the city and just wants to "get back to the farm". Please! By all means, go back to the farm! It went on and on.

When we moved into the classroom (we had been early and were waiting outside of it for a few minutes), I was pleasantly surprised. We were on the 11th floor and had an amazing view of Boston. It overlooked the Common and the capital building and all kinds of tall, lit up buildings. The view is definitely the best I have seen since coming to Boston, and I get to take it all in every week. It's great.

But as this girl continued complaining before class, and then during class, my patience grew very thin and I began fantasizing . . .

I should've . . . grabbed the girl and thrown her towards the large windows that overlooked the city. I should've then shaken her and screamed "I'm sorry, but you're not going to make it back to the farm . . . unless the farm to which you want to return is IN HELL!" and then roundhouse kicked her through the window and watched her plummet eleven stories down. At that point, I would've gotten the entire class to lean through the broken glass and tell me what they saw in her blood as it lay splattered across the pavement like a gory rorschach test . . . a dingo . . . a locomotive train . . . maybe even SpongeBob SquarePants! Oh, what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment