22 December 2011

(#20) The "Page Turner" I Should've

If you were to see me on the bus or T, you would most likely catch me reading a book. It's one thing I enjoy about public transit, that I can read while traveling. Reading on a bus or train, however, can be a tricky thing--when the bus or train is so full that there is only standing room, for instance.

To steady yourself, you have to hold onto a bar and hold the book in your other hand. This presents a problem when it comes time to turn the page. You have to let go of the bar to turn the page and hope that the driver doesn't do anything sudden and send you flying.

I usually just widen my stance and quickly turn the page. I did this exact thing yesterday without falling over. But, from now one, rather than turning the pages on my own . . .

I should . . . ask the person next to me to turn the page for me and then chastize them for turning the page too roughly (even if they hadn't).

No comments:

Post a Comment