13 December 2011

(#17) The "Tappa Tappa" I Should've

Tonight, while I was riding the T home, there was a woman that caught my attention.

It wasn't because she was extremely beautiful or disfigured. It wasn't because she smelt funny. It wasn't because she was carrying three 20-pound burlap sacks of rice.

It was because she was tap dancing.

She had a straight face and kept tapping her feet back and forth and sliding them around as if she was preparing for some spectacular recital.

I should've . . . gotten up from my seat and yelled "No! You're doing it all wrong! It's one--tappa tappa--slide--shuffle--tappa tappa! Not one--two--shuffle--shuffle--tappa tappa--slide! Straighten that back! You look like Quasimodo! And where are your jazz hands?!" while wildly demonstrating the correct tap movements (with accompanying jazz hands) and becoming increasingly frustrated when she couldn't keep up with the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment