25 October 2011

I Should've . . .

After about two weeks of not even having the desire to write in my blog, I have come to a conclusion . . . I have to find something I want to write about otherwise my blog is going to go gently into that goodnight.

I loved writing about my worthless jobs, but since I am currently unemployed and don't have any plans of becoming employed anytime soon, I have to come up with a new category of blog entries to keep me--and hopefull you--interested.

I have actually been toying around with the idea of starting a new blog to fit this purpose, but why abandon My Worthless Degree? It's a sweet freaking name that can work with what I want to do for this new blog idea, anyway.

I hope you're interested, because I'm very excited about this new category of blog entries. They will be called the "I SHOULD'VE" entires.

From now until an undisclosed point in time, I will post things which I wish I had done. Let me explain.

I sometimes wish my life was a sitcom. If you look at the things characters in sitcoms do, they get away with so much with no lasting consequences! I have often found myself looking back at certain times where I could have done something completey socially unacceptable yet hilarious, but didn't because of the social constructs which I allow to shackle my free spirit.

So, from now on, I'm going to write about the situations where I found myself "I should have . . ."

Are you ready? Here's the first one.

The other day, I was walking across Boston Common, chewing some gum. Someone was sitting on a bench. They began to yawn. Their mouth gaped wide open.

I SHOULD'VE spit my gum into their open mouth and kept on walking.

Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

  1. If you would have made it, I would have been really impressed. But you're a boy and can't even get your pee into a giant toilet bowl without spraying the rest of the bathroom so... you would have gotten in their hair, which would have been interesting too.

    ReplyDelete