22 January 2011

The Hilary-Hater Was Not Amused

If it were up to me, I wouldn't allow anything but Hilary Duff movies to be played on the numerous TVs displayed throughout the pawn shop (see The Glory of Hilary Duff), but my co-workers are of a different opinion., one in particular.

I had two days off in a row, and when I came back, I was shocked to see that the TVs were no longer displaying the Hilary Duff films I had personally hunted down and put in them. I inquired into who had swapped out the movies, and one co-worker admitted to the treachery and defiantly declared his annoyance with my sweet, sweet Hilary.

But it's okay. Two can play that game.

Recently, I was working and this bitter co-worker had the day off. So, of course, I gave him a taste of his own spiteful medicine. I wasn't able to find enough Hilary Duff DVDs to play on all the TVs like I had before, but I found several of them and made sure they were in place for the next morning when this spiteful man would return to work. He arrived earlier than me the next morning, and when I came in, he had already changed all of the DVDs. When I asked him about who changed the DVDs, he was very confrontational about it, stating that "Hilary had her time" and that he was "sick of her movies."

This only gave me more reason to persist with my Hilary Duff obsession.

Now he and I are in the midst of a war that involves the sneaky transferring of DVDs. He is much more vehement about it and has even said that he wanted to buy all the Hilary Duff DVDs that came into the pawn shop just so he could break them in front of me.

I kind of like that idea. It would be very entertaining to see.

The other day, I took a copy of Hilary Duff's live concert (pictured on the left) and stuck it through the double doors that lead into the back room where only employees are allowed. I raised my voice and bobbed the DVD case around as I spoke to make it appear as if it was Hilary herself talking to them.

"Why don't you love me?" Hilary asked. "Why don't you like my concert? I know how to raaaaaaaaaawk!"

The Hilary-hater was not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment