08 February 2012

(#28) The "Stop Faking!" I Should've

I am starting to suspect that I cause seizures. I can now say that I have encountered three different people having seizures. The first was while I was at someone's house, another was while I was in a class during my undergrad, and tonight it was while I was on the bus.

I didn't really know what was going on at first. I was just minding my own business when the bus stopped and a lady started freaking out. Of course, I turned towards the commotion and saw a man slumped in a seat and shaking uncontrollably. It was very obvious that he was having a seizure. Being a veteran of such situations, I wasn't too concerned. No one's died on me, yet.

Since the driver had conveniently opened the doors, I ended up jumping off the bus and walking the rest of the way home. I felt kind of bad just leaving, but there wasn't anything I could do. 911 had been called, people were tending to Mr. Shakey, and the bus wasn't going to be moving anytime soon.

Thinking about it, what I should've done was . . . push my way to the front of the bus, shouting "Calm down! Calm down! He does this all the time!" and then stood over the seizing man, shook my finger in his face, and yelled "Stop faking! You're embarrassing me! Why do you always do this?!" I then would have begun to sob and then jumped off the bus and ran into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment